MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugin for Announcements or latest threads Mybb 1.6.8 portal page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Wondering if there is a plugin that adds announcements or latest threads to mybb portal page?

Preferably announcements, but both would be nice to have.

The portal page has latest threads on the side, but i want it to show in the middle, because the page looks quite dead the way it is with the big blank spot in the middle.

I'm using mybb 1.6.8.

Thanks for any help!
The announcements are the threads in the forums you specify in your portal settings in the ACP. For example, on my board I pull threads from forums 4, 7, 22 and 81. They are then shown in the middle bit.

Link to see what I mean: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/portal.php
(2012-08-29, 11:32 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]The announcements are the threads in the forums you specify in your portal settings in the ACP. For example, on my board I pull threads from forums 4, 7, 22 and 81. They are then shown in the middle bit.

Link to see what I mean: http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/portal.php

I know what they are....
I need a plugin for it though so that it adds them to the middle of the page.

I have nothing in my portal settings that allows me to do so currently.
You dont need a plugin to put the latest threads in the middle. You need to edit your HTML. If you are using the standard portal layout then you have announcements in the middle and latest threads on the side.

You can edit the portal_latestthreads and portal_latestthreads_threads to be more suited to a central layout, move them to the center in portal and not bother with the portal_announcements.
(2012-08-29, 11:45 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]You dont need a plugin to put the latest threads in the middle. You need to edit your HTML. If you are using the standard portal layout then you have announcements in the middle and latest threads on the side.

You can edit the portal_latestthreads and portal_latestthreads_threads to be more suited to a central layout, move them to the center in portal and not bother with the portal_announcements.

What lines do i edit and how do i edit them ?
That's why i'm asking for help... i have no idea what to do to get it working properly.

None of our announcements currently show up on our portal page, it just states blank... so that's what im trying to get to work.
ok, look at this post >> http://community.mybb.com/thread-116873-...#pid845978

There I give two simple templates suitable for a centre layout. Adjust your templates of portal_latestthreads and portal_latestthreads_threads to match. Copy paste will work

Then go to your portal template and paste the code below in, replacing the existing HTML:

<html>
<head>
<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']}</title>
{$headerinclude}
</head>
<body>
{$header}
<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" border="0" align="center">
<tr><td valign="top" width="200">
{$welcome}
{$pms}
{$search}
{$stats}
{$whosonline}
</td>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td valign="top">
{$latestthreads}
{$announcements}
</td>
</tr>
</table>
{$footer}
</body>
</html>
Hmm, i added that.. and it put recent posts in the middle instead of adding announcements?
Know how to fix this?

Kind of wanting both of them on the main page with announcements above the recent posts but all in the middle if possible

like this for example: [Image: mLPwt3.png]
Not mybb^ but example of how i would like it.
You said you knew what things were.....

The announcements are set in your ACP. You go to the settings page, find portal settings and where it says announcement put in the forum ids of the forums you want to pull the announcements from. Announcements in this context are THREADS. they are nothing to do with the OTHER announcements you have in your forumdisplay.

Home » Board Settings » Portal Settings

Forum ID to pull announcements from
Please enter the forum ids (fid) of the forum(s) you wish to pull the announcements from. Separate them with a comma (,).
(2012-08-30, 12:18 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]You said you knew what things were.....

The announcements are set in your ACP. You go to the settings page, find portal settings and where it says announcement put in the forum ids of the forums you want to pull the announcements from. Announcements in this context are THREADS. they are nothing to do with the OTHER announcements you have in your forumdisplay.

Home » Board Settings » Portal Settings

Forum ID to pull announcements from
Please enter the forum ids (fid) of the forum(s) you wish to pull the announcements from. Separate them with a comma (,).

I do know what they are.... 'of what you stated'

I've done that already, i actually did it earlier and it's still only showing recent posts.. no announcements what so ever.

I've tried removing the id's, adding the ones i want, and adding random ones.. but still it just shows only recent threads.

here's our forum for a better view:
http://minecraftconnection.com/portal.php
Um. I cannot explain. What do you think the announcement block should show?

I think I had better leave this to someone else to help you, as I do not understand. You say you know what things are - yet you complain that the announcement block is showing posts. Announcements on the portal ARE posts. They are the first post of any thread in a forum that you have said you want to show on the portal, ordered by thread date. If you have no threads in those forums then nothing will show on the portal.

Latest posts/threads on portal are threads ordered by last post date consolidated at thread level.
Pages: 1 2