MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unknown things happening
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I just have installed new theme on my forum. Now some users are complaining that they are getting virus alert message from avira antivirus like this:

[Image: 98dl07.png]

Also one user is saying some text gets inserted after urls like this:

[Image: image.png]

What is this text behind the url...? I also noticed this text is coming up in urls in new theme. Why?
can you post a screenshot from the alert they are getting ?
and about that link i think it is a plugins issue not the theme
after all i might be wrong.
I guess its got something to do with JavaScript's of the theme. Do you get it on all the themes now, or only that particular theme?
If you've not payed for it, you might consider a different theme.
I have paid for this theme...
@ illusionalp
Please check the 1st image on right side its displaying alert from antivirus...
Oh. Do all your users, who get this virus alert, use avira?
Weird -> didn't find anything in the virus check
Ony one user with Avira is saying that, the 1st screenshot is sent to by that user.
(2012-08-30, 03:22 PM)saini1987 Wrote: [ -> ]Ony one user with Avira is saying that, the 1st screenshot is sent to by that user.

I'm just assuming, he might have other websites open in different tabs that might be causing the alert?
i guess it is a problem with your theme java script for the first error
i don't know about the second error tho.
The appended string at the end of the URL is because of AddThis. It's necessary to keep track of statistics.
Ok so addthis is showing that code in urls. Can we say that virus message is also because of addthis?