MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hackforums Malware
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just browsed to hackforums a few minutes ago and received this warning. Looks like it'll be my last visit. Anyone else experience this?
"Rogue ad network caused Google to flag us for malicious software. We are not infecting members or compromised. It's safe to ignore message."
Read Omniscients announcement on it.
(2012-08-30, 03:34 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]"Rogue ad network caused Google to flag us for malicious software. We are not infecting members or compromised. It's safe to ignore message."

This is why I will probable never have ads on my forum.
this malware messages gives me headache when I got in my wordpress site..
>hurr durr macs no virus etc.
>welp, no more visiting this website due to malware!

something isn't adding up, houston
I'm sure the warning will be removed in a few days. Site is safe but apparently a rogue ad on my ad network caused me to be flagged. I've contacted them and will unlikely use them anymore. I ran their ads for over a year with only a couple small problems but obviously I can't allow my site to get flagged by Google or my members to be infected by rogue ads.

Just waiting now for Google to review my site again and lift the message. Maybe a day or two.

In the meantime I can assure you the site is safe. We have hundreds of members logged in at any given time. No one is reporting any infections or attempts.

EDIT: FYI just got marked as safe again.