MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: group question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a question pertaining to groups. we're getting ready to add a donation plugin on my forum where when a user donates more than X amount of money, we'll give them more perks on the forum like more PM space, more attachment space and etc.. we're going to set up a new group with all those additional perks. when a user donates the appropriate amount to warrant the new perks, can I just add the new user group to their secondary user group or will it not recognize that they're a standard user AND in a new user group which has more perks than the regular user group?

so basically what I'm asking is whether or not the primary group will take precedent over the secondary group and not allow the secondary group to function with the additional perks.
Try it - make a test user have a secondary group that has perks.
(2012-08-31, 12:17 PM)testerwester Wrote: [ -> ]Try it - make a test user have a secondary group that has perks.

it looks like it takes the primary user group permissions over the secondary for stuff like message quotas and attachment quotas.
Primary will go first as far as I know. I'd suggest that you have their primary changed, and then if you want them in the regular, add that as a secondary.