MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Trip to egypt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone been to egypt or maybe live there and give some travel advice etc....

Thanks
Don't not be white. Everyone is super friendly to forigners. Learn the time the times that Muslims pray at. you don't really want to interrupt that, it'd be disrespectful. Avoid tour groups but stay in tourist areas. sharm el shraik is nice this time of year. source: half Egyptian

sorry for errors in spelling. on the phone.
Im going to giza and cairo - great pyramids and valley of kings...
Not liking the reviews about street vendors Sad
treat them with respect and they will treat you with even more respect that is the only advice you need not just in this trip in anything in life try to learn some Arabic so you can communicate with people better i has just made a quick little research about learning Arabic online and here is what i got http://www.madinaharabic.com/
I planned on doing some simple research into the customs and such before I go over. Thanks for the tips.

From what I gather...the vendors and some locals out to make a buck are very relentless near the great pyramids but that is the only reason I am going. I will only have 5 days there, so I will have to pre-plan my points of interest (2 days spent at the great pyramids alone) and then valley of the kings and perhaps a look over the nile and of course a visit to the Egyptian Museum.

Thanks for the tips though Smile
Just like you, I wish to visit Egypt at least once in my lifetime. It's been always inspiring or something calling me to Egypt so badly since my childhood.

My friend just had a visit 2 years ago and he let me know some tips about it. The important thing is there, avoid going lonely as a single person and try to get groups going. There maybe someone who might attack or loot you as there were cases like that, so unless you're not alone, you should be fine.
(2012-08-31, 08:18 AM)Chris Seman Wrote: [ -> ]Im going to giza and cairo - great pyramids and valley of kings...
Not liking the reviews about street vendors Sad

Vendors are the best. Never pay full price for a thing!