MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Moderator [Add Forum section]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there MyBB Community! I'm wondering if it's possible to make one of my moderators of my site able to add sections to there specified section they are assigned to moderate. It's a music section if your curious, and the moderator wishes to add sections such as music genres. Thing is i can't find any settings in the admincp->group->moderator group that will allow this. I only want the moderator to be able to only add sections to his specified section.

I appreciate all the help i can get!
You may allow Moderator usergroup to access AdminCP and then edit the Admin Permissions restricting them just within Forum manager.
(2012-08-31, 01:29 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]You may allow Moderator usergroup to access AdminCP and then edit the Admin Permissions restricting them just within Forum manager.

I thought of this but i don't entirely understand on how to restrict certain things. It seems by going to admin permission for the moderator group it gives them FULL access to all the other sections, When i only want one which is the one they are moderating.
See the attached screenshot;
[attachment=27165]

Set all other options to NO, including other "tabs" options aswell, except "Can manage forums?" option. In this way those Moderators or Specific user will be able to add/edit forums.

However, for allowing them to do add/edit only where they're moderating, unfortunately this would need a plugin.
(2012-08-31, 02:00 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]See the attached screenshot;

Set all other options to NO, including other "tabs" options aswell, except "Can manage forums?" option. In this way those Moderators or Specific user will be able to add/edit forums.

However, for allowing them to do add/edit only where they're moderating, unfortunately this would need a plugin.

We are trying to give moderator access to be able to add/edit forums. For some reason we can not give them the ability to add forums.

This is what the pic looks like from what we saw from the forum here. Can you tell me what we are doing wrong?

Thank you

Aha! I found the docs tab on mybb site. Will research those for the admin. Hopefully I will figure out the answer to his problem with mods not able to add/delete forums.