MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Disable moderation.php?action=getip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, via the ModCP there is a way to obtain someones IP.

I was wondering if I could disable this for everyone.

Currently if you go to http://mybb.com/moderation.php?action=getip&pid=1
it would return the IP information of the person with the first post.=.

I don't want this, I need to give people access to the ModCP but I don't really want them to have access to IPs.

EDIT: Before people say IP Addresses are useless, in this instance they aren't

I've disabled the "Log Posting IP Address" and disabled all usergroups to be able to see IPs but it doesn't solve my issue.

Any help?

Thanks.
You can remove the contents of:

Admin CP -> Templates & Style -> Templates -> YourTheme Templates -> Moderation Templates -> moderation_getip

And then it won't display anything for that page. Or, you could just remove the feature entirely in the core file.
(2012-08-31, 11:15 PM)NaXuh Wrote: [ -> ]You can remove the contents of:

Admin CP -> Templates & Style -> Templates -> YourTheme Templates -> Moderation Templates -> moderation_getip

And then it won't display anything for that page. Or, you could just remove the feature entirely in the core file.

You will have to remove both.
(2012-08-31, 11:15 PM)NaXuh Wrote: [ -> ]You can remove the contents of:

Thanks!