MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New threads and posts?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, i'd like to encrypt all threads and posts on my forum. I just wanted to know witch pages i'd need to edit this on. Any idea?
You can't do this with a one-way hash, which is how passwords are hashed. You would end up needing to put in a very large amount of work to create the system for this.
I know a lot about encryptions, but I just can't find all the pages where threads and posts are inserted into the db and then shown.
Well if you really want to do it, I think you will need to look into the datahandlers in inc/ , newreply.php , newthread.php for starters. I think there are a few more related files, but I can't seem to think of them right now.
(2012-09-01, 04:11 PM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]Well if you really want to do it, I think you will need to look into the datahandlers in inc/ , newpost.php , newthread.php for starters. I think there are a few more related files, but I can't seem to think of them right now.

*newreply.php
Dang it. I knew there was something wrong with that one. Fixed.
Your going to encrypt the posts and threads?
What method are you going to use to decrypt and encrypt them?
How are you going to call upon the decryption method once they're encrypted?

If you was the FBI then yes encrypt it all, but I don't see no need for it. If you really want to do it you would have to get to understand the API and what PHP files are used in the functions.
He's FYI not FBI. Toungue
(2012-09-04, 04:57 AM)seeker Wrote: [ -> ]He's FYI not FBI. Toungue

^indeed,lol