MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [RFC] MyBB Microblogging system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm currently considering creating a MyBB plugin that implements community microblogging functionality, which IP.Board users could met with. Its functionality is described here.

There is one plugin like this, however I foresee a version more similar to IPB.

In simple words - every user can post a status update (from his microblog page or e.g. easy-to-access header panel), which will be accessible from three places:
  • user's own microblog page
  • microblogging center (latest updates and comments from every user)
  • recent status updates box (forum index sidebar)
Everyone can add a comment to someone's update through these 3 places.
Recent updates are also displayed on users' profile pages.

Depending on plugin settings - users can edit and delete own updates and comments, furthermore board super moderators can moderate the entire system.
This will also support message size limit, BBCode & emoticons support, moderating groups, and other handy stuff.

Posting, updating and removing updates will be also handled by AJAX - more friendly to the server and the user.

Coming to the point - would you be interested in this as forum administrators, and would you be willing to pay for this? If yes - how much?
Quote:Coming to the point - would you be interested in this as forum administrators, and would you be willing to pay for this? If yes - how much?

Interested?, Yes i would (I have thought the possibility to install the free one already).
Paying for it? No sure really, I will need to see what it has to offer compared to the free one once it really has something to show out to know if and how much I will be willing to pay for it.
I've already developed a similar system for wweforums.net