MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Star Changes Not Affected
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ive set up a new forum today : www.triggerfist.net

And i tried to change the stars for regular users, however the changes are not affecting them at all.

I managed to change the moderators and admin star images, but i did exactly the same for registered users but it is still the default mybb stars.

Ive tried hard refreshing and it still doesnt work. First time ive come across this problem, its very strange. I have a feeling the theme i am using is causing the problem, but i am not 100% sure.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
To change it for default users [regular users], you need to go here:
http://triggerfist.net/images/dark/star.gif

That means your root folder/images/dark/star.gif

------------------------

Replace that image with the custom star that you want and it will automatically change :]

------------------------

Hope that helps ^_^
(2012-09-01, 04:10 AM)XxSky DreamerxX Wrote: [ -> ]To change it for default users [regular users], you need to go here:
http://triggerfist.net/images/dark/star.gif

That means your root folder/images/dark/star.gif

------------------------

Replace that image with the custom star that you want and it will automatically change :]

------------------------

Hope that helps ^_^

Would it work if i put a star.png image there instead? I don't want a .gif image.
(2012-09-01, 04:46 AM)Acid Wrote: [ -> ]Would it work if i put a star.png image there instead? I don't want a .gif image.

You could but for that you would also have to edit other files. So I wouldn't recommend it Toungue

Just simply upload this .gif picture. It works fine. I don't see why you wouldn't want to use a gif picture? Undecided
What files would I have to change?

I don't know how to make gif images and when I use a ln to gif converter, it messes up my image
Okay first of all, find the gif image. Or you can make one your self in Paint.Net and then save it as "star.gif" on your desktop. However, if have you a picture saves as PNG then use the online convert website which will convert your image to .GIF

Then Log In to your Cpanel or use Filezilla. Your choice. Then go to:

public_html/images/dark/

Find: Star.gif

Replace that image with the one that you have on desktop.

----------------------------

Then refresh or clear the cache and your star will automatically be updated.
just goto

users & groups ==>> Groups ==>> select usergroup (eg: admin)

now add the location of image in box, and enter number of starts you need to show for groups

[Image: attachment.php?aid=27202]

put the image in
root ==>> images

and fill the below in box,
images/star.gif

i think you're using png
so use
images/star.png
Yes, all you have to do is edit it in the ACP. You don't have to use the default star.gif Confused
This will not work for either. It shows the broken image icons?