MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: members of mod user group are not able to moderate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a number of private sub-forums. For each private sub-forum I have created a user group so that only people in that group can see the private sub-forum and post in it. I also created an additional user group which I made the mod of a private sub-forum.

However, even though I specified the group as moderator members of the group are unable to perform any mod stuff. The board doesn't recognize them as mods.

I do not want to add them to the actual Moderator user group because I don't want them to be mods for all forums.

My question is; What do I need to change to have the board recognize that members of a user group that has been designated Moderator of a sub-forum are actual moderators?

I know this sounds convoluted. Let me try again ...
Forum PrivateArea is private and only shows up for users in user group PrivateMembers. In addition I created a user group called PrivateMembersMods, and then I made that user group the moderator of PrivateArea. However, MemberA, who is in PrivateMemberMods is unable to actually moderate anything in PrivateArea. MemberA does not see any mod options in his user interface.

EDIT: I definitely do not want the PrivateMembersMods members to have access to the Mod CP. They are only supposed to be able to sticky/move/close threads.