MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: My MyShoutBox is broken.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I did everything the "readme" folder instructed me to do.

But this is the most complicated step and I think I did it correctly. "ACP -> Configuration -> Settings -> MyShoutbox -> Enter a random string in the "Key" setting.
In the templates (by default: 'index'), replace {myshoutbox} with {myshoutbox_KEY} where KEY is the random string you entered before."

But my MyShoutBox is still broken; I cannot post shouts in the shoutbox.

Here's something I did outside of the instruction, I did it because when I did everything accordingly, the Plugin didn't appear, so I upload plugin's Inc folder to my Public_html.

Can someone help me with this?Rolleyes

Plugin's link: http://mods.mybb.com/view/myshoutbox

My forum: slasher.hostoi.com
Are you sure you have correctly uploaded the contents of the Upload folder. Is so then are there any plugins that you might be using. If so disable them. Smile
Hi, when you said disable them (all my plugins) do you mean remove them completely? or they are still allow to exist in the Plugin page in my ACP? I have another shoutbox plugin but I uninstalled it, it's still in the Plugin page.

And a DyMy dice plugin I haven't deactivated yet. Should I just deactivate my plugins?
(2012-09-01, 11:54 AM)Deadite Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, when you said disable them (all my plugins) do you mean remove them completely? or they are still allow to exist in the Plugin page in my ACP? I have another shoutbox plugin but I uninstalled it, it's still in the Plugin page.

And a DyMy dice plugin I haven't deactivated yet. Should I just deactivate my plugins?

I do not mean completely remove them. I simply mean disable them. In order to disable the plugins, do the follow:

ACP -- Configuration -- Plugins -- Click on Deactivate.

-----

As for the other shoutbox plugin, can you disable that plugin and then give this shoutbox a try. Basically deactivate your plugins one by one and see if it works. Toungue
Okay, it's working now. I followed the instructions you gave me and it worked!!!

My problem is solved. Thank you (: