MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Kill MYBB in 3 secs or less
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I dont know what I DID IT!

6 Months POOF

my question now is, I did a backup a few days ago. 150 forums and user groups.

Do I have to reinstall MySQL or simply enter the corresponding info in the install?
Why the poll??

Anyway if you have a backup you just need to restore it.
Oops you cant edit a poll!

zanjeer matam
What is "zanjeer matam" ??

Anyway, here is a doc. explaining how to restore the sql db: http://docs.mybb.com/Database_Restore.html
(2012-09-01, 02:15 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]Why the poll??

Anyway if you have a backup you just need to restore it.

I knew it was sick when I was adding forums, and I just kept going.

I cant cry, I MUST LAUGH.

... and rebuild the whole DAMN THING!MyMyMy

(2012-09-01, 02:17 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]What is "zanjeer matam" ??

Anyway, here is a doc. explaining how to restore the sql db: http://docs.mybb.com/Database_Restore.html

HEY! YALDARAM. Your plugins worked great! Till I killed the board!

"zanjeer matam" As I understand it, all the guy parading around the miniret counter-clockwise beating themselves with chains!

much like I feel right now as an ADMIN!!! LOL

...thanks Valdaram. Be back later have to tend to horse.
I'm really confused... can you clarify what your problem is?
(2012-09-01, 04:44 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]I'm really confused... can you clarify what your problem is?

Thanks for replying Paul.

I had been having trouble in the ACP. I would add forums and when I clicked "save" it would return a blank screen instead of giving the green succefully update. (just to inject: the terminology is not cohesive throughout MYBB and that includes versions) that aside. When it came to setting permissions (including child/sub forums) it returned a blank screen as well. However when I would view the permissions they appeared correct (as I set them). However upon actual posting and viewing, I discovered that the permission that were inherited at the time the forum was added were infact the permissions being obeyed, regardless of what the permissions were when viewed from the ACP.

I knew "something" was wrong, but I kept building anyway. There was one forum I deleted and then re-created and the old incorrect permissions would reappear.

As far as I could find 1.6.7.zip was no longer available so I tried 1.6.8 and it failed.

I happen to find a copy of 1.6.7 so I renamed the lock file and uploaded the 1.6.7 the upgrade did not work, it asked to install. Since I knew I was in trouble already I clicked "NEXT" POOF! the forum was gone! LOL

I am trying to make sense of the restore from phpadmin. I have been here before. MySQL simply doesnot allow misbehaved errant code to write to it! LOL.

I really dont hold much hope for the backup restore. But checking my Cpanel and PHPadmin is next.

Database Restore
1.To restore a database, you click the SQL tab (on newer versions of phpMyAdmin there is an "Import" tab).
2.On the "SQL"-page , unclick the show query here again.
3.Browse to your backup of the database.
4.Click "Go".

I am at the SQL and totally lost

How do I browse?
Well just like it says, to browse go to PHPMyAdmin, import tab (if you have it, otherwise SQL tab) and browse for the file with the sql queries inside, upload it.

Do you have the import tab?
(2012-09-03, 07:44 AM)KevinVR Wrote: [ -> ]Well just like it says, to browse go to PHPMyAdmin, import tab (if you have it, otherwise SQL tab) and browse for the file with the sql queries inside, upload it.

[Image: phpadmin.gif]

If this is correct what would be the naming convetion of the file I am looking for, ".sql"?
(2012-09-03, 02:06 PM)postman Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-03, 07:44 AM)KevinVR Wrote: [ -> ]Well just like it says, to browse go to PHPMyAdmin, import tab (if you have it, otherwise SQL tab) and browse for the file with the sql queries inside, upload it.

[Image: phpadmin.gif]

If this is correct what would be the naming convetion of the file I am looking for, ".sql"?

Use your backup and import it via phpmyadmin...
Pages: 1 2