MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Incompatible old plugin...guide me to use it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://mods.mybb.com/view/mydiceroller
I uploaded this plugin to my forum and when I try to activate it, it says it's incompatible to version 1608, is there anything I can do to my forum so I can use this plugin?Confused

I'm willing to decrease my forum to version 1.4 for this plugin. This plugin is 80% of the muscle I would need to run a functioning Roleplaying forum.

I went through the request plugin thread to find it...(page 24)

I really...really want this.
find the line that says "compatibility" and change "14*" to "16*" and hope for the best
(2012-09-01, 09:18 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]find the line that says "compatibility" and change "14*" to "16*" and hope for the best
In which location can I find the compatibility message?
edit your plugin by using notepad++ , then change "14*" to "16*"
It didn't work. I use notepad to edit the code, edited compatibility from 14 to 16 and than reupload the php file, it still says it's incompatible...

"version" => "1.10",
"guid" => "d69a9792246d9dcd25a2d8e391513077",
"compatibility" => "16*"

Can I use notepad to upgrade the content myself? Will it be hard to do?
Microsoft Notepad breaks PHP files, so you have to go and install a proper editor, like Notepad++ which is free.

It shouldn't show as incompatible after you changed the compatibility entry. Make sure you uploaded the modified file to the correct location...
The menu instructs me to upload the Upload file to MyBB route, and My FTTP information says my "Folder to upload file: public_html"

So I'm assuming public_html is the route he wants me to upload to, but after the upload it still registered as incompatible. (And I unzipped it before uploading.)

Here's the code I edited:
The menu instructs me to upload the Upload file to MyBB route, and My FTTP information says my "Folder to upload file: public_html" So I'm assuming public_html is the route he wants me to upload to, but after the upload it still registered as incompatible. (And I unzipped it before uploading.) Here's the code I edited:

[Image: 2567512-__1.jpg]
it should go into the inc/plugins/ folder
Okay, I followed your direction and put it in inc/plugin, didn't work, so I go ahead and put the php into the inc and it still didn't work.
Hi there,

Please post your FTP and MyBB admin login info in a new thread in the Private Inquiries forum. Threads you post there can only be seen by yourself and staff, everything within the forum is confidential. By posting your details in that forum, all staff members will be able to look at your problem and provide a solution. Also, please provide a link in your new thread to your post/thread here so staff can see all other information given/discovered so far.
Pages: 1 2