MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: why do bots not crawling my site anymore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2012-09-02, 07:40 AM)bcousins Wrote: [ -> ]Your bots are still looking at your main site (I.e http://mydomain.com)

You changed it
The Bots don't know...

Well, Go figure.

(2012-09-02, 01:52 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]The issue is that your site has been indexed on the root and has suddenly all been moved into a subdirectory. The bots simply do not know where you've moved your content. You should ideally have set up a redirect in your .htaccess when you made the move.

Is this not the same thing?
Yes, it is. But the earlier suggestion to simply create an index page with a redirect is a really messy solution to the problem.
(2012-09-03, 05:31 AM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, it is. But the earlier suggestion to simply create an index page with a redirect is a really messy solution to the problem.

Yow bro how abou parking a domain. Like forum.mysite.com is that ok?
Make sure to add a robots.txt file, where the forum is located, and that should contain commands to allow bots to crawl your forum pages.

User-Agent: *
Allow: /
Using a subdomain such as forum.domain.com has no effect on rankings at all in my experience, so long as Google knows where to look.
thanks bro
(2012-09-03, 05:31 AM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, it is. But the earlier suggestion to simply create an index page with a redirect is a really messy solution to the problem.

I wasn't sure if .htaccess was a viable solution. Thanks for picking me up on that.
Pages: 1 2