MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Dispaly last 5 Category pics in header
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'd like to see a mod where you could pull the last 5 or so thumbs from a paticular forum to display in the header, this is a Vb feature or add on I see used all the time. Thumb below
I don't think that has anything to do with the attachments. I think it's more like a gallery in which members can upload their images.
I have a specific forum drummers can post pics of their kits, I'd like to be able to pull the ;ast 5 pics from that forum and display the pics above like shown in that picture. I do understand VB pulls from a gallery, but why couldn't it pull from a forum? Whether it's drums, viddeo games screenshots etc.. I thought thi swould be something others would like to use and display?
I'll look into this. I might write it into a plugin if I have time.
That would be great if you have the time Jeff Smile
I'm working on it write now. I can't guarantee anything because this is actually my first time writing a plugin. I've written modifications previously.
O.O that's very cool Jeff. Very nice of you.
The plugin is almost done. Now I'm adding additional features.

Right now, you can name the title box, choose which forum you want to display attachments from(or choose all).
I'm going to make it so you can choose how many thumbmails you want to display.

Any other features you would like, feel free to suggest here.

I also need a good name for this plugin. Open to any suggestions.
That's sooo cool Jeff, again, thank you very very much. Just a question, will it pull only 1 pic from each of the last posts or will it pull just the last 5 pics of that forum? this is just tooo cool and again, thank you.

Hmmm, name for the plug-in.. Scartches head Smile "Picture pull" ? "Advanced photo" ? "Inline photo" Or name it after yourself Smile "Jeff's advanced photo"
It will pull the latest x number of image attachments from a forum(single forum), or you can have it pull latest x number of image attachments from the whole board(all forums). You can specify x.

A new feature I just added is that you can make the thumbnails link to the original post where the attachment is located, or it will link to the original size.

Right now, it's called Header Gallery. It probably sounds stupid. If you agree that its dumb, please name it Smile
Edit- OK, the name will probably be Latest Attachment Gallery
Pages: 1 2