MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Some basic questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, iam new at website making and do not have much knowledge, iam creating my site and hope to launch it soon, i have been facing some problems and i hope they get solved here:

1) i added a logo but when i click the logo iam taken to site.com/index.php and the address bar also shows the same as title while at site.com its , it shows forum name there,

2) is this possible to limit the controlpanel, provided bt mybb with my site, to a specific ip eg my own ip so that it may become safe,

3) can i change the control panel url to any thing like site.com/justjoking/admin.php if yes then how,

4) i added the gomobile plugin it works awesome but i want to change the templete is this possible and allowed ?

I HOPE I GET HELP HERE.

THANKS
1) Sorry could you rephrase this...a screen shot of this would be helpful
3) Go to mysite.com/inc/cofig.php change
$config['admin_dir'] = 'admin';
to
$config['admin_dir'] = 'justjoking';
you can only change the directory (not the index.php)
4) Admin Control Panel -> Templates & Style -> Templates -> GoMobile
1) Please rephrase, I can't understand you.
2) There is a plugin available that seems to be doing exactly what you want. It will match your IP in order to access the admin panel. Get it here. If you're concerned about security, I highly recommend installing MyProtection from MyBB-Plugins.
3) Exactly like JordanMussi said, don't forget to change your directory's name though.
4) Just like JordanMussi said.
thanks both brothers u helped me alot, the 1st point is that in mybb cp, i get option to put logo url , i putted there my logo url so logo has been added and its working fine but when i click the logo to get to the home page the my adress bar show site.com/index.php thts fine but the title bar of the browser also show this

look it the pic
You'll need to at least have the minimum copyright notice of MyBB before I am allowed to help you. Check this thread if you don't know what I mean. Search for copyright. I can clearly see that the minimum copyright is not set on your forums.

I have temporarily denied support to you. Once you put the minimum copyright notice again I will grant support to you again.

Note: I have found what is causing your problem. Come back with the min. copyright notice and I'll tell you how to solve it.
no bro its there i just croped the uper area so u can see clearly

c this attachment
(2012-09-03, 08:25 AM)Sad.dany Wrote: [ -> ]no bro its there i just croped the uper area so u can see clearly

It wasn't there, I still had a tab open from before you added it back. I checked the source and the copyright wasn't there. I'm not saying I didn't see it on the image, I didn't see it on your forums: itforumz.

I see you've put it back. Granting you support again..

Okay, your problem is that you haven't put a forum name. Go to the admin control panel ==> configuration ==> general configuration.

The first field is probably empty for you, change it to your forum's name.

Board Name
The name of your message boards. We recommend that it is not over 75 characters.

Hope this solves it.
yes it helped, now one more help whne i will edit that config.php then which dir name should have to change ? the admin dir ?
That's not how it works mate. You've removed the mybb minimum copyright again. I'll have to deny support to you again until further notice. Worse than that, you actually changed the powered by line to