MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum al completely mixed up on Internet Explorer (IE)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Oke thanks, can u also see wich not good close, I can find it.

I have some thinks I think its not good closed but if I close what I think the forum is also f**ckt up on other browsers.

Can u help me to fix the not closed stuff??
????????????
You have to fix all of it. Start at the top of the list that you get from the validator and work your way down
Yeah I know, but if I check there, there is no code forgot to close or annything that can change the lay-out so I don't know whats wrong
I think most errors can boil down to a misunderstanding of the header template.

Things which belong in an HTML head section should be in the header_include template. That includes your custom stylesheet (/menu_assets/styles.css) and JavaScript (http://www.galaxyfreaks.nl/mobiquo/tapatalkdetect.js). The DTD is already included in a separate template, so you don't need to specify it.

The header template is used for the boilerplate HTML stuff on each page (banner, menu, etc).

Inside template header_welcomeblock_guest, you need to close the span with id quick_login, probably at the end of the template.

Inside your header template. you close an extra li tag, but don't close the ul

Start off with that and follow-up with the W3C Validator
Problem is with your welcome_block_header_guest template... make sure it has same classes & ID's for header as in header_welcome_block_member template
I have checked again and take a good look.
It had nothing to do with your welcome_block_header_guest or header_welcome_block_member
It had also nothing to do with id quick_login all this was right!!

I have take a look without the validator, and found it by myself, it was a own made code for a block that was the problem. After delete this block the forum was OK in IE (Internet Explorer) and the rest of the browsers look also still fine.

So I have build a new block step by step and now every browser the lay-out is fine and no problems annymore.......

Thank u all for thinking with me!!!!!
You still have over 200 errors based on the W3C Validator.
(2012-09-16, 05:34 PM)laie_techie Wrote: [ -> ]You still have over 200 errors based on the W3C Validator.

I don't know where u can see now that I have about 200 errors on my header because I have not shared my new header. The header here in the topic was the old on and I have not 200 errors on my new header....

And if I have errors or not now on my new header, it works great on every browser so why to change it now if its works. But again my new header have not 200 errors, and I have not shared my header so I don't realy know where u get 200 errors in my new header.....
GalaxyFreak, I went to the W3C Validator and submitted your forum's URL. That is how I can say there are over 200 existing errors to making your forum correct XHTML. One of the options on the W3C Validator is for it to show which source code produced the errors. Looking at the generated XHTML I can use the comments to see which templates on your site generated the faulty XHTML. No, we can't see the contents of your header template; just the resulting XHTML.
Pages: 1 2 3