MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changing Theme Colors/Editing? Please Help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I recently switched from SMF to MyBB and so far I have been in love with MyBB. The admin panel is so much cleaner and the forum way better.
Now, my problem is that when I edit any css files in the Apart1 theme, the changes do not apply. We tried editing the background and all. The odd thing is that when editing background color to blue the forum did change colors but only when logging out. (Upon logging out you get a short flash of blue or the background color we set it to) What am I doing wrong here if anything? Is there a fix? Huh

Additional notes
  • When upload the "Apart 1" theme it warns me that the theme is out of date when it is only 1.6 and my website is the latest version of MyBB. (1.6.8) I find that very odd! Undecided
  • I tried getting multiple people to try and change forum background color and it didn't work for anyone.
  • The website I'm testing MYBB @ is www.ntngaming.net/mybb

Please reply as fast as possible!

Thanks,
Cltcam
Go to Tools & Maintenance and scroll down to the bottom where it says CHMOD Files and Directories. Make sure all of them are Writable, particularly the Cache Directory and Themes Directory.

If they are not writable, go into your FTP client and chmod them.
(2012-09-03, 03:22 AM)Tecca Wrote: [ -> ]Go to Tools & Maintenance and scroll down to the bottom where it says CHMOD Files and Directories. Make sure all of them are Writable, particularly the Cache Directory and Themes Directory.

If they are not writable, go into your FTP client and chmod them.

Confused Looks like they are all writable Huh
Try clearing your browser cache..
(2012-09-03, 04:57 AM)Tindris Wrote: [ -> ]Try clearing your browser cache..

Why? Is there a background color other than white for you? I don't think that will fix it because I asked my friends who haven't been on the site before to check it and they said the background was white. It is set at 000000 and should be black. Here is a picture of the setting in global css. Could the selector being #container mean anything? What does that mean?
There needs to be a # before the 000000. So change it to #000000

It's a lot easier to just use the Advanced Mode to change CSS. At least in my opinion, it is. For that particular theme, you need to change the background color of #content rather than #container.

Then refresh the page.
[quote='Tecca' pid='907297' dateline='1346650358']
There needs to be a # before the 000000. So change it to #000000

Aye, it works! Thank you lots! Any ideas on how to make the forum look more interesting and exciting? One thing I like about the "Apart 1" theme is that it looks professional but the down side is it's not so exciting with all the white! Any recommendations?

Feel free to move this thread if needed.
It's working now. Did you refresh the page? I'm seeing a black background after I refreshed.
(2012-09-03, 05:47 AM)Tecca Wrote: [ -> ]It's working now. Did you refresh the page? I'm seeing a black background after I refreshed.

Thank you lots! Any ideas on how to make the forum look more interesting and exciting? One thing I like about the "Apart 1" theme is that it looks professional but the down side is it's not so exciting with all the white! Any recommendations? It would be sweet if I could move the logo to the center then have light glimmer down on it from each corner of the header. Almost like a spotlight shining on a centered logo. Any idea on how to make that possible?