MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: index.php is Not Being Used to Install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello, I am trying to install MyBB by navigating to localhost/forum/install/ as the installation documentation said, although all I get is what is in the screenshot. Please help.

[attachment=27181]
Add index.php to the URL aswell.
(2012-09-03, 06:11 AM)gralco Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I am trying to install MyBB by navigating to localhost/forum/install/ as the installation documentation said, although all I get is what is in the screenshot. Please help.

Most web servers automatically go to an index file which is almost always index.php. Rather strange that yours doesn't. Are you using xampp? Then it should automatically redirect. Click on the index.php file you are able to see and if you still have any problems, reply to this thread.
if its not being used as default then simply click "index.php" from there.
But I am not sure what would come up after installation..
Hi,

If you want to give Apache the ability to serve up an index.php file by default, in addition to index.html, you must add”index.php” to the DirectoryIndex entry in the httpd.conf file for Apache.

#
 # DirectoryIndex: sets the file that Apache will serve if a directory
 # is requested.
 #
 <IfModule dir_module>
 DirectoryIndex index.html index.php
 </IfModule>

If you host the webserver yourself you should check your httpd configuration.

else;

If your server is hosted and managed by another company you will need to get in contact with them.
Make sure you have PHP installed. Usually Apache will play nice with PHP if you have installed it from a package.
(2012-09-03, 12:21 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure you have PHP installed. Usually Apache will play nice with PHP if you have installed it from a package.

Correct, also as I see you're accessing via localhost, I believe you're running Apache yourself, I would suggest a package with everything setup such as XAMPP. Can help you get started, it has MySQL, PHP and Apache already pre-configured and setup ready to start at the click of a button Smile.
When navigating to index.php all that showed was the PHP code itself, oddly enough, prior to taking the screenshot I had just installed PHP, so I gave up for the night and turned off my machine. I just started my machine back up and now the script is running as it should. Would having to reboot or log out be a requirement to run the script after installing PHP?
You have to restart Apache when you install PHP so Apache knows how to communicate with it next time round.
Got it, thanks for the help!
Pages: 1 2