MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cloudflare page rules
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi does anyone know how to exclude the whole mybb admin panel from cloudflare using a pagerule? I have tried many different ways but can't get it to work. See the below code i tried last.

http://www.mysite.com/admin/*
Hi,

This is from CloudFlare:
Quote:Custom Caching with Page Rules

From the Page Rules interface, which you access from the Settings menu next to each domain on your My Websites dashboard, you can setup custom caching. There are lots of different configurations but, since it is one of the most requested options, for this first example, I'll walk through how to specify certain pages as static so their HTML will be cached by CloudFlare.

Like all Page Rules, the first step is creating a pattern and then applying a rule to that pattern. You'll need to find or create a way to differentiate static versus dynamic content by the URL. Some possibilities could be creating a directory for static content, appending a unique file extension to static pages, or adding a query parameter to mark content as static. Here are three examples of patterns you could create for each of those options:
•*example.com/static/* [/static/ subdirectory for static HTML pages]
•*example.com/*.shtml [.shtml file extension to signify HTML that is static]
•*example.com/*?*static=true* [adding static=true query parameter]

These are just three possible examples. There are virtually infinite ways to create a pattern and the best way to do this will depend on your particular website's setup. You'll want to design the pattern to only describe pages you know are static. For example, you'll want to make sure you exclude pages like the administrative page. If necessary, you can create multiple rules to get the exact caching setup you want.
[quote='Kickerbat' pid='907436' dateline='1346676666']
Hi,

This is from CloudFlare:
[quote]Custom Caching with Page Rules

From the Page Rules interface, which you access from the Settings menu next to each domain on your My Websites dashboard, you can setup custom caching. There are lots of different configurations but, since it is one of the most requested options, for this first example, I'll walk through how to specify certain pages as static so their HTML will be cached by CloudFlare.

Like all Page Rules, the first step is creating a pattern and then applying a rule to that pattern. You'll need to find or create a way to differentiate static versus dynamic content by the URL. Some possibilities could be creating a directory for static content, appending a unique file extension to static pages, or adding a query parameter to mark content as static. Here are three examples of patterns you could create for each of those options:
•*example.com/static/* [/static/ subdirectory for static HTML pages]
•*example.com/*.shtml [.shtml file extension to signify HTML that is static]
•*example.com/*?*static=true* [adding static=true query parameter]

These are just three possible examples. There are virtually infinite ways to create a pattern and the best way to do this will depend on your particular website's setup. You'll want to design the pattern to only describe pages you know are static. For example, you'll want to make sure you exclude pages like the administrative page. If necessary, you can create multiple rules to get the exact caching setup you want.
[/quote]

That one is really for advanced caching & not excluding admin sections of site.

Hi nyte_spawn,

Why isn't it working? That actually looks correct.