MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: change default user group for new registered members
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to make a new group, which will be severely limited until 2 posts, then promote them to regular registered member group

How can i do that ?

i know how to make new group but how do i set forum new registered members to this new group instead of existing registered members group ?

thank you
Open up member.php, and find (around line 107):

$usergroup = 2;

Change the 2 to the ID of your new group. You could then use group promotions to move them to the registered group.
(2012-09-03, 02:11 PM)NaXuh Wrote: [ -> ]Open up member.php, and find (around line 107):

$usergroup = 2;

Change the 2 to the ID of your new group. You could then use group promotions to move them to the registered group.

thanks rep given

but i would prefer global setting
Thank you.

Their could be a plugin created to do that. I have a plugin that is waiting to be approved that allows users to pick certain groups on register. Not exactly the same.

You could have also made the registered group your very limited, and then make a new group for normal registered.
Hi,
You will need a plugin / deep source editing to perform such tasks.

Something that will check if user has 2 posts and upgrade their usergroup.
(2012-09-03, 02:17 PM)Kickerbat Wrote: [ -> ]Something that will check if user has 2 posts and upgrade their usergroup.

MyBB has this built in. "Group Promotions" under the Users & Groups tab in the Admin CP.
(2012-09-03, 02:22 PM)NaXuh Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-03, 02:17 PM)Kickerbat Wrote: [ -> ]Something that will check if user has 2 posts and upgrade their usergroup.

MyBB has this built in. "Group Promotions" under the Users & Groups tab in the Admin CP.

Globally Smile
What you can do, is make a new group - the "normal members" group. Then, move all your existing registered members into that group (mass usergroup change in ACP). Then change the settings of Registered members (group 2) to something more stringent.