MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: what is the differencebetweenWebDesignandWebDevelopeme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
tell me friends...........
Web Development is everything to do with making websites in general. Web Design is the site's look and feel.
I have always considered development the creation of the backend or functional code, and design the building of the UI.
In my eyes "designers" have very little to do with th actual implementation of a system. They plan it (sometimes) and work on the visual aspects of it. The developers, the ones doing the development, actually make the site run. They focus on the backend.

For a good website, you need both design and development, as a site should follow a design->development->design flow.

1. theorise and plan the implementation of the site = design
2. Actually put the functional code into place = development
3. Make it look pretty Wink = design
4. Test = neither design or development
Development is you making the title, choosing the words and how to mix them together to form an understandable sentence.

Design is publishing your work and deciding not to use spaces in between most of the words.
webdevelopmentIsBackendAndDesignisfrontend..............
I would consider web design any work you do in a design program (Photoshop, GIMP, Paint, etc), and web development anything done in a code editor (Notepad++, InType, Brackets, etc). Though it seems a lot of people feel the basic development side (HTML/CSS) are more design, since it's still creating an interface.
Ilikethespacebartoo