MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Redirect /index.php to /
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, i want to redirect all url's from index.php/ to /.

I mean, i want to redirect index.php/forum to /forum and index.php/thread to /thread likewise.

My thread is not indexing, actually http://www.domain.com/Thread-threadtitle...n=lastpost is indexed in google, but http://www.domain.com/Thread-threadtitle is not indexed. This is happened after updating to mybb1.6.8
(2012-09-04, 06:59 AM)msafiq Wrote: [ -> ]I mean, i want to redirect index.php/forum to /forum and index.php/thread to /thread likewise.

No, MyBB doesn't have URL's like that

If you mean /forum/index.php to /forum... I need to ask, What's the point?
(2012-09-04, 07:13 AM)bcousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-04, 06:59 AM)msafiq Wrote: [ -> ]I mean, i want to redirect index.php/forum to /forum and index.php/thread to /thread likewise.

No, MyBB doesn't have URL's like that

If you mean /forum/index.php to /forum... I need to ask, What's the point?

Actually, i installed google seo. so my forums have urls like "www.mysite.com/Forum-introduce-yourself" and threads have urls like "www.mysite.com/Thread-i-am-new-here". When i go to "www.mysite.com/index.php" it doesn't redirected to "www.mysite.com/" also forums and threads have same issue. if i went to "www.mysite.com/index.php/Forum-introduce-yourself" it doesn't redirected to "www.mysite.com/Forum-introduce-yourself".
(2012-09-04, 07:20 AM)msafiq Wrote: [ -> ]When i go to "www.mysite.com/index.php" it doesn't redirected to "www.mysite.com/" also forums and threads have same issue. if i went to "www.mysite.com/index.php/Forum-introduce-yourself" it doesn't redirected to "www.mysite.com/Forum-introduce-yourself".

That should not be happening in standard mode anyway.
(2012-09-04, 09:54 AM)bcousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-04, 07:20 AM)msafiq Wrote: [ -> ]When i go to "www.mysite.com/index.php" it doesn't redirected to "www.mysite.com/" also forums and threads have same issue. if i went to "www.mysite.com/index.php/Forum-introduce-yourself" it doesn't redirected to "www.mysite.com/Forum-introduce-yourself".

That should not be happening in standard mode anyway.

Actually google indexed "www.mysite.com/index.php/Forum-introduce-yourself" instead of "www.mysite.com/Forum-introduce-yourself". But my sitemap serves "www.mysite.com/Forum-introduce-yourself". So i need to redirect.

Any help please

anyone please