MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.6.8 Some success but wary install&BUdone
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MattR's plugin installed its own config in an incorrect sub folder. (maybe I fixed it, manually.)

Yaldarams ads between cats did not work on a fresh install of 1.6.8

file veri showed "plugins.php" changed so I manually sent it up and now it does not show in veri.

I am suspect of my uploading because of lousy connection, I am in a rural area. Often have to complete FTP manually.

I am wondering if MattR's uploader would work on 1.6.8.zip? It sees the 1.6.8 zip.

what say you support/devs
Are you talking about the plug-in uploader? Doesn't sound like the best idea to me (but I'm probably not the best to comment on that).

This is a bit round about, but when I lived in bad internet area and uploading took five forevers I started uploading large systems using .zip and SSH access. If you can do so, I'd create a .zip folder containing the MyBB root folders and upload it using FTP to where you want it installed then use SSH to unzip the folder. Twenty times faster. If you don't have SSH, you can use net2ftp to unzip and upload it.
(2012-09-04, 02:09 PM)AiedailEclipsed Wrote: [ -> ]Are you talking about the plug-in uploader? Doesn't sound like the best idea to me (but I'm probably not the best to comment on that).

This is a bit round about, but when I lived in bad internet area and uploading took five forevers I started uploading large systems using .zip and SSH access. If you can do so, I'd create a .zip folder containing the MyBB root folders and upload it using FTP to where you want it installed then use SSH to unzip the folder. Twenty times faster. If you don't have SSH, you can use net2ftp to unzip and upload it.

Yes uploader

Hey I live vicariously through stupidity!!!Blush

SSHLightbulb
(2012-09-04, 02:03 PM)postman Wrote: [ -> ]Yaldarams ads between cats did not work on a fresh install of 1.6.8

I've already replied to your question at my site.
Ah, well. I'm not sure if the uploader would work (don't use it/know enough about its functions).

In words of Miss Frizzle, "Take chances, make mistakes, get messy!" Big Grin

If you want to try the SSH method (not exactly "easy"), you'll need this. It lists all of the basic (and advanced) commands. Be careful. If you've never used it before, SSH has no GUI. You're doing this via CLI. I strongly recommend using the unzip feature on net2ftp. Much easier and harder to mess up with.
Yes Yaldaram, I saw it, earlier. But I will chack again! Your are great!

Posted by AiedailEclipsed - Today 09:23 AM

I just got off of chat with host tech support and they backed up the forum to /forum/bufile.ext and I will down load it.

I blame all my troubles on my ISPes, I blame SMF for everthing elseExclamationSmileWinkBig GrinToungue