MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Can I use border-image around container?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can I use border-image css around the container? Basically using this guide..?
http://www.css3.info/preview/border-image/
Yes, though you should be aware that not all browsers support the border-image property.
Any idea how to get it to work around the container? For some reason nothing appears..

This is what I have in the container.. and the shadow effect works.. I just want to replace the shadow with an actual border..

-webkit-border-radius: 3px;
-moz-border-radius: 4px 4px 3px 3px;
border-radius: 4px 4px 3px 3px;
margin-left: auto;
margin-right: auto;
margin: auto;
text-align: left;
-webkit-box-shadow: 0px 0px 20px #bbb;
-moz-box-shadow: 0px 0px 20px #bbb;
-ms-box-shadow: 0px 0px 20px #bbb;
-o-box-shadow: 0px 0px 20px #bbb;
box-shadow: 0px 0px 20px #bbb;
border-width: 27px;

Maybe there is an alternative? I just want to get a stylish border around the container..
Just add this:

#container{
	-webkit-border-image: url(images/border.png) 27 27 27 27 round round;
	-moz-border-image: url(images/border.png) 27 27 27 27 round round;
	border-image: url(images/border.png) 27 27 27 27 round round;
}

And upload the image file you wish to sue to ./images/border.png. It should work just fine.
hmm still didn't work..

looks like it's appearing on the inside of where I want it too
Is your site the one in your sig? If so, you seem to have two elements with an id of "container" and it all seems to be wrapped in a font tag. That's likely the problem.
Yeah it's the same site in the sig..

any ideas on how to fix it?
You need to start again to be honest Sad

Get the mybb default, find a theme with a header you like (NOT the Apart series) - drop that header in, apply your css and the css from the header you like.

Then edit your index forumbits.

If you want a basic easy to look after theme, pm me and we will see what I can do.
You don't like the theme I'm using?
I'm always open to a new theme if there is something else you would recommend.. I'm always trying to make the forum feel "folky" as well!
I think that the theme is looking cramped. You need to look at the spacing and font choices.