MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need someone to test my first plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I created a plugin by following Proxy Killer, No proxy please and Google(for basic help).

I made a plugin that will block some proxy connections. I wanted someone to please test this plugin and check if it really works.

I have attached the file, if someone thinks it's fake or a virus then post below and I will PM you the code so you could test it. The reason why I'm asking someone else to test is because I'm totally new to this and I'm sure there are a lot of people that know more than me that can also correct my mistakes.

I'm not asking for support, I'm just looking for some testers.
If you don't know how to test the dam thing, then how the hell did you create it ? I'm edging my bets here, but I'd say you ripped this from somewhere. If you create something you must know how it works, if you dont know how it works or how it's supposed to work, then it's clearly ripped.
By a quick glance to it, it will not even be possible to activate it.
@OP: There are many issues to the plugin. But since you're new to the plugin creation, I'm encouraging you to improve your abilities. I'm highlighting the issues in the following found at a quick peak look;

1. Rename plugin file to proxy_termination.php The plugin should be named exactly to its activate() and deactivate() functions.

2. There is no $mybb->settings['proxy_termination_global_start'] such setting already present in the plugin, so it should either be removed from the check or add a setting naming it "proxy_termination_global_start".

3. The proxy check has been copied from "No Proxy Please" plugin which has a issue in detecting the valid/legit IP as proxy. The fix for this has been available to its release thread at yaldaram.com

4. The following hooks are irrelevant since there is no function associated to these;
$plugins->add_hook("misc_start", "proxy_termination_error");
$plugins-.add_hook("global_end", "proxy_termination_global");

5. The following function;
function proxy_termination_url($page){
// ...
}
is not from my plugin, so I guess its from labrocca's plugin (as you've mentioned in the first post) ?? If its so then please remove it since his plugin is paid and licensed under his copyright laws.

6. And lastly, the link to the author site is pointing towards an hacking site, so I don't believe its allowed to post in the mods site?

All the best!
(2012-09-05, 12:41 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]1. Rename plugin file to proxy_termination_activate.php The plugin should be named exactly to its activate() and deactivate() functions.

You don't need to add "_activate" to the file name, and plugins are identified after the _info() function name.

plugin_file_name_info()
You're correct. I was quick in pointing out the issues with a very little time (as he asked me to check this thread in PM) so forgot to exactly name the plugin file.
(2012-09-06, 02:29 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]You're correct. I was quick in pointing out the issues with a very little time (as he asked me to check this thread in PM) so forgot to exactly name the plugin file.

Nope, I asked if you could teach me and help me code plugins via Skype. I don't understand how to use hooks etc. I also said that I added you from Skype ID [Censored]
I'm sorry for not adding in skype since I usually do not used to online on skype. You may add however in MSN and gtalk. I'm online in gtalk most of the time.
(2012-09-06, 10:17 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry for not adding in skype since I usually do not used to online on skype. You may add however in MSN and gtalk. I'm online in gtalk most of the time.

Oh OK, I added you on gtalk. Thanks