MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Did you like sleeping dogs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I wasn't really interested in buying Sleeping Dogs. I was expecting it be a GTA clone as i've been seeing online.
But i was really surprised by it. Though the Interface was very similar to that of the GTA series, the gameplay was really refreshing

You never get bored with the dogfights. Smashing faces of your enimies with bare hands and karate moves is great fun.

But unlike the last game in GTA series (GTAIV), the physics of sleeping dogs were really a bane to the game. There were many glitches....one of the most annoying ones was the GPS routing feature (its better in GTAIV)

The story was good enough and keeps you attached to the game. Side-missions are equally fun. You'll love the action sequences when you shoot the tire of enemy cars chasing you during some missions.

What do you say about the game?
I played it for a while on the PC, I got bored pretty easily at the start. Getting a gun took too long.
Yeah it was awesome.
(2012-09-05, 11:31 AM)Xanth Wrote: [ -> ]I played it for a while on the PC, I got bored pretty easily at the start. Getting a gun took too long.

I won't say i got bored. Yes it's not much of a driving/car jacking pleasure as GTA but it's very impressive on the action scenes.
Lack of guns is actually pretty good part of the game as you get to fight off your enemies with you learn overtime.

Though when the games starts nearing the end you will find plenty of gangs with guns. You can even disarm a cop and steal is his gun.
I was going to buy it, but I'd prefer there to be more guns

I like GTA IV a lot, just not it's vehicle handling physics. You get more response from a brick rolling on marbles. I hope GTAV is better Smile
GTA san Andreas is best game.
(2012-09-07, 06:41 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]I was going to buy it, but I'd prefer there to be more guns
You can always try something refreshing

Quote:I hope GTAIV is better Smile
I guess you mean GTAV?
(2012-09-07, 09:04 PM)pixelmonkey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-07, 06:41 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]I was going to buy it, but I'd prefer there to be more guns
You can always try something refreshing

Quote:I hope GTAIV is better Smile
I guess you mean GTAV?

yeah Toungue
yeah. i hope gta V will be optimised for PCs unlike gta iv.
Gta on PC gives great modding possibility (not to forget enb series).....that's why i prefer PC version

The latest pics from rockstar are really interesting. i just saw cheetah with very modern body style. And best of all, V is based on same los santos location as in san andreas

btw, did i mention that in sleeping dogs, you can bet $100,000 on c0ck fights (literally) and win $200,000 lol
I liked the game, did't played much as I am so busy with Darksiders 2 Smile
Pages: 1 2