MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Highlight Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It was to show what I want to achieve as stated in the text.
Ok I think I know what your going for,
It easy HTML.

I tested it and it works:

<strong><font color="#0000FF">Name here</font></strong> 
Have you not read the previous posts?

Upon mouseover of the forums I want it to highlight, holyshit has already given me the code for this. I now want the highlighted area to also be a hyperlink to the highlighted forum and I want this to also happen on the threads.
Ok here it is:

<a href="http://www.google.com"><strong><font color="#0000FF">Name here</font></strong></a> 
Open the forumbit_depth2_forum template, find the first <tr>, and replace with:
<tr onclick="window.location.href='forumdisplay.php?fid={$forum['fid']}';" style="cursor: pointer;">

For threads, open forumdisplay_thread, find the first <tr>, and replace with:
<tr onclick="window.location.href='showthread.php?tid={$thread['tid']}';" style="cursor: pointer;">
Thanks Tecca, that's exactly what I was talking about, I'm not sure why Master24 wasn't getting it.

2 more things:

1) I still need thread mouseovers to highlight the row
2) I want both the highlight and hyperlink to happen upon mouseover of Forum Announcements within Forums.

Thanks.
Sorry to bring this back up but I need further help.

Basically the code that Tecca gave me successfully makes the whole thread row become a hyperlink to the thread however I need it to exclude the very right column as it's currently stopping me checking the box to do moderator tasks, when I click the tick box it just goes to the thread.

Hope someone can help
Thanks
(2012-09-06, 01:06 AM)holyshit Wrote: [ -> ]If I have understood correctly, you can try something like this.

tbody[id*="cat"] tr:hover td.trow1, tbody[id*="cat"] tr:hover td.trow2 {background: #EBE6E6;}

I hope this will help Big Grin

I'm assuming I have to add Tecca's code in again but adapt it for forums but I'm not sure what I have to put in 'id' for it to work on the threadlist.
Anyone able to help?
Pages: 1 2