MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Request for additional information on sign up to forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

hopefully someone can help me out. We run a gun club in our town using Mybb software. When you sign up to the board, I'm looking to have a few more things added to that registration area under the account details where you fill in your username etc.

I'm looking to have real name and also address if possible. The real name and address I'd like to hide in the User CP panel unless an admin is reviewing the information or the user them self. But I'd like the real name to only be edited by an admin if needed.

Is any of this possible? If so cost if that is required?

Thanks for taking the time to check this out

David - Maricopa gun club.
It's all possible by utilizing Custom profile fields, they have yes/no settings like this:
Required? *
Is this field required to be filled in during registration or profile editing? Note that this does not apply if the field is hidden.

Editable by user? *
Should this field be editable by the user? If not, administrators/moderators can still edit the field.

Hide on profile? *
Should this field be hidden on the user's profile? If it is hidden, it can only be viewed by administrators/moderators.

As you can see - you can easily apply these options to do your required tasks.
Read more here: http://docs.mybb.com/Admin_CP_Config_Pro...ields.html
^just like lovely said ACP>Configuration>Custom profile fields>and follow that doc for more info
(2012-09-06, 11:47 AM)loveley Wrote: [ -> ]It's all possible by utilizing Custom profile fields, they have yes/no settings like this:
Required? *
Is this field required to be filled in during registration or profile editing? Note that this does not apply if the field is hidden.

Editable by user? *
Should this field be editable by the user? If not, administrators/moderators can still edit the field.

Hide on profile? *
Should this field be hidden on the user's profile? If it is hidden, it can only be viewed by administrators/moderators.

As you can see - you can easily apply these options to do your required tasks.
Read more here: http://docs.mybb.com/Admin_CP_Config_Pro...ields.html

That worked perfectly, thank you so much for this information.