MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hash/Password Located where? (lost password)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I just made my forum and before I set up a password recovery email in my AdminCP, i logged out and made an account called "test" to see if it would register - and it did. But when I tried logging back into my admin account, I FORGOT THE PASSWORD!!! So I cant recover my password through email or anything, how do i get back in?

I can decode the salted md5 hash in a second if I knew where the hell it was stored.

If nobody knows, is there an alternative to this?
(2012-09-06, 02:24 AM)ci29995 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, I just made my forum and before I set up a password recovery email in my AdminCP, i logged out and made an account called "test" to see if it would register - and it did. But when I tried logging back into my admin account, I FORGOT THE PASSWORD!!! So I cant recover my password through email or anything, how do i get back in?

I can decode the salted md5 hash in a second if I knew where the hell it was stored.

If nobody knows, is there an alternative to this?

It's in the mybb_users table in the database.
You can't decode hashed passwords. You will need to reset it by running this SQL query in phpMyAdmin:

(2009-01-30, 03:57 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]To reset a lost/forgotten to 'test' (requires you to change X to the uid of the user this will apply to):
UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `password` = '098f6bcd4621d373cade4e832627b4f6', `salt` = '' WHERE `uid` = 'X'