MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [Forum hacked] redirect to .ru pages
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
th .hraccess in root forum seems to be ok, but i don't found an .htaccess file in the /admin

there is the problem?
No, there is nothing wrong if an htaccess file doesn't exist.
But, i found the solution Big Grin

it seems so difficult, but it wasn't, during my research i try to look after htacces file also in the main root of the website, and non only in /forum o in /forum/admin directories.

And I've found an .htaccess file who had inside all the rules to redirecto to those malefic websites.

I create a new htaccess file, and now everything work well Big Grin
so your forum was not hacked, you whole account was hacked it appears. time to change passwords, run a file verification, inspect access log to look for how they got it, etc.
It sounds like a plugin was exploited. I know for a fact "My Tabs" plugin has multiple exploits.
(2012-09-11, 08:09 PM)Beyond the Lines Wrote: [ -> ]It sounds like a plugin was exploited. I know for a fact "My Tabs" plugin has multiple exploits.

Had, past tense. It's been patched.
(2012-09-11, 08:11 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-11, 08:09 PM)Beyond the Lines Wrote: [ -> ]It sounds like a plugin was exploited. I know for a fact "My Tabs" plugin has multiple exploits.

Had, past tense. It's been patched.

Yes, but if you run older versions its still there.
Pages: 1 2