MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Stopforumspam - how do I allow denied registration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We have just installed stopforumspam on our forum and now have an issue where a person whom we know is fine to register has been denied as her info matches that of a known spammer.

Where do we go to allow her to register? Or where we can set her settings to show that she isn't a spammer?

Any help to resolve this type of problem would be great as we will probably run into it in the future.

Thanks,
Are you using check Username? if so don't!

However if her IP or Email is on the stopforumspam register she will have to contact them here: http://www.stopforumspam.com/removal
That did it! Thanks sarisisop! I appreciate the help. If I run into any others who are denied, I will have them visit that removal link.

Thanks again!
You're welcome.
I wanted to give a headsup. Stop Forum Spam is apparently having difficulties :/ and i dont advice enabling the feature that if it cant connect to the database that you prevent people from registering.
I removed the plugin a while ago because of these issues, but I still use the website itself to search. If I have to.
(2012-09-09, 05:50 AM)Tecca Wrote: [ -> ]I removed the plugin a while ago because of these issues, but I still use the website itself to search. If I have to.

I would really like to use anything else.. but using spamanalyser i know i will run into problems then. Since a lot of people post images/links and lots of the same links etc in their first post. Meaning it would be seen as spam i think. Which it isnt, guess there simply isnt a one way solution to spam issues.

Could be completely wrong in this assumption (but just going off the description).

I guess my "dream" tool would be a spamanalyser like plugin that places all the post it grabs underneath "needs to be approved by a moderator/admin" and adds a button their to to see this user as a Spam/bot thing. If that was inplace yes you would have extra work to do. But atleast it wouldnt have wrong detections anymore.