MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: These plugins should be core features
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
All of them should become one of the core features Big Grin

[attachment=27227]
So why some of them are deactive in your forum? Big Grin
(2012-09-07, 06:32 PM)M.Abbasi Wrote: [ -> ]So why some of them are deactive in your forum? Big Grin

good catch. because they are not working or not working properly Big Grin
I don't agree with some of them though:
WYSIWYG
Username style
MyBB Safelink -- optionally
PluginLibrary
Overview
Reg. members links
Users online today
Minimum post plugin
Extra forum permissions should be an advanced button in current permissions
Signature control

Other than that, you've got a nice collection!
You are missing the "one true plugin" - Template Conditionals. This "safer" variant of the Php in Templates plugin is extremely useful for customizing a board because it offers the <if><else> syntax for use with MyBB variables inside templates.
They are plugins. Is there really a benefit to make them core features?
Hey bud, I like everything you've listed here actually. I don't exactly need any of the signature controls myself, but I think they'd be nice. Also yes, template conditionals would be great as well (Though I just found a couple posts from 2007 asking for them, and they still aren't here so I highly doubt it xD).

Oh, except Overview, it would be my example of something that's perfect as a plugin.
(2012-09-17, 02:01 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]They are plugins. Is there really a benefit to make them core features?

I think template conditionals would be a good core feature. Maybe not the php variant, but definitely the "safe" version. Plugin library would be good for developers /coding own plugins. The rest - not so much needed in core in my opinion.
they are plugins for a reason. my big board uses just one of those you have listed (plus PluginLibrary, which is not really a plugin) and its been getting by just fine for years with over 1 million posts.
(2012-09-17, 04:18 AM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]they are plugins for a reason. my big board uses just one of those you have listed (plus PluginLibrary, which is not really a plugin) and its been getting by just fine for years with over 1 million posts.

I don't even use one of them.
Pages: 1 2