MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Countdown Timer (Turn-based) plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm requesting a turn-based countdown plugin.

A ten minute count down clock somewhere visible on the thread. It can be in the user stats. Refreshing the page or rejoining the thread won't restart a user's Countdown clock individually. At the end of each countdown, the new countdown will have a different color. I only need two colors, one for each team (Or just something to distinguish whose turn it's running on.)

This can be very helpful to me since I'm playing turn-based games on my forum.Toungue And as the rounds starts to piled up in a game, some users would get confuse and not knowing whose turn it is. This can easily happen if a user went AFK (Away From Keyboard) and missed 1 or 2 round.
So it starts countdown timer when a user starts reading a thread? and stops (and save the last time) when closes a particular thread?
(2012-09-09, 04:40 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]So it starts countdown timer when a user starts reading a thread? and stops (and save the last time) when closes a particular thread?

To make it simpler to design (because I really want this.)

Everyone's countdown is synchronized (players joined late will still share the same countdown time with everyone else), countdown begin the moment the thread is created. Doesn't require an Ending mechanic, the game ends when all the players in a team die. When a new countdown start, it has a color on it to distinguish it's a countdown for Team 2, this feature is absolutely needed.

Recruit & gathering player group can be done in a separated section in the forum, so the Countdown Thread is a thread players make when they have their player group and are ready to play.Smile
It doesn't have to be on every user's post. Set it at the thread's header that will work, too.

It doesn't require an on-and-off switch or a command for the user to use it.

Just every threads that's created in the section of the forum, will automatically have the timer stapled in the thread, and the countdown begins the moment the thread is created.