MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: WiiF theme for MyBB 1.2 [1.0]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The MyBB Group has several copyright notices and "powered by" lines embedded within the product. You must not remove, alter or hinder the visibility of any of these statements (including but not limited to the copyright notice at the top of files and the copyright/powered by lines found in publicly visible "templates").

You may have changed the templates, still it's an MyBB template, all the code using to display the page is still MyBB, not your code.
Also read this and the 2 next posts, it's not affecting the templates.
CraKteR Wrote:[i]Also read this and the 2 next posts, it's not affecting the templates.
that isn't in license so it doesn't matter.
That isn't in the license? What you say is not in the license either. In the license it says you may not remove or alter that copyright text at all.
files !== templates.
the template is in an xml 'file' on my computer.
you install the template from such 'file'.
the 'file' contains the copyright.

maybe i should just rewrite the license so this doesn't happen.
No it's not, only when installing, templates are stored in the database, when you change the templates they are not in an file! >.>
CraKteR is right, turpentine.

You must keep the copyright in your new theme. The templates are STILL MyBB's. You have only modified them. You can add your own copyright to the bottom, as I have done to my themes, but you may not remove the original copyright.
CraKteR Wrote:No it's not, only when installing, templates are stored in the database, when you change the templates they are not in an file! >.>
(denial)(exception)(explanation of how a database isn't a file, even though it is)
the copyright is in the distributed theme so stop crying.
ADD BACK THE DAMN COPYRIGHT
Pages: 1 2