MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: WTF?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I Install the forums correctly. I delete the Install folder.

I get this:
Quote:Please remove the install directory from your server, or create a file called 'lock' in the install directory. Until you do so, your board will remain unaccessable

What's the deal?

BTW, If it helps, my board is hosted at siteburg.com
are you sure you deleted the install and not inc directory?? Ive never heard of this problem before.

If your sure it was install, try creating a file called lock in install/lock.php. Perhaps it might trick it into thinking you have it. Not sure, cause like I've said, this is the first of heard of this bug.

If that doesn't work, can you give us a direct link to you forums please?? not where its hosted
k776 Wrote:are you sure you deleted the install and not inc directory?? Ive never heard of this problem before.

If your sure it was install, try creating a file called lock in install/lock.php. Perhaps it might trick it into thinking you have it. Not sure, cause like I've said, this is the first of heard of this bug.

If that doesn't work, can you give us a direct link to you forums please?? not where its hosted

I did delete the install folder.

I just created lock.php

but... Nothing Shows Up!!! x_x

Note: The AdminCP shows up. It's the board that doesn't.
If you deleted your install directory, then where did you create your lock file??
And, try renaming lock.php to just lock without any . extensions.
Or, maybe you could try re-installing the forums.Sad
Also, did you CHMOD the config.php and settings.php files correctly?
The file has to be called 'lock', no extension or anything.