MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Portal - Index
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've moved my portal.php outside my forum folder (to the root) and renamed it to index.php. And my question is : Is there any chance for me, to created a file named news.php which will do the old portal.php job? Because, I've revoked old works of portal.php (now must be index.php).

This make me crazy for 2 days .... Big Grin
(2012-09-09, 07:32 PM)NNT_ Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I've moved my portal.php outside my forum folder (to the root) and renamed it to index.php. And my question is : Is there any chance for me, to created a file named news.php which will do the old portal.php job? Because, I've revoked old works of portal.php (now must be index.php).

This make me crazy for 2 days .... Big Grin
Did you have to edit anything to change your portal.php to index.php because i like to do this too.
I prefer leave it portal.php alone, since the scripts inside is MyBB related.
And you can rename existing index.php into forum.php and make a new index.php from the scratch (such news.php).
(2012-09-20, 01:11 AM)billy2313 Wrote: [ -> ]Did you have to edit anything to change your portal.php to index.php because i like to do this too.

If you want to extended your forum like mine. Just PM me Big Grin

(2012-09-20, 01:40 AM)FBI Wrote: [ -> ]I prefer leave it portal.php alone, since the scripts inside is MyBB related.
And you can rename existing index.php into forum.php and make a new index.php from the scratch (such news.php).

Hmm, I've created news.php and now I'm confused with its hooks. And assigning template to it too (already assigned but nothing happened).

Anybody out there can help me out ?

Thanks in advanced.