MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Being called racial slurrs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Okay, none of you probably know. I know this isn't the right forum (MyBB) to discuss my I have recently moved to Germany 3 months ago. I started school today and everyone has been mean to me. For example, I am an Asian male and ethnic Germans keep calling me "third world trash", "chink", or "go back to your own country". I don't know what to do. I have read from White Nationalist about how immigration has affected Europe and that they don't like non White people in Europe but there are currently 75 million non whites.

Just, why am I being treated like this? What makes people this angry? Should I really head back to Asia? I was born in the states and I never got treated like this.
Don't wash for like 2 months and start hugging all those bullies.
I guess you are on a controversial thread posting spree.
(2012-09-10, 07:21 PM)Sukanjan.K Wrote: [ -> ]I guess you are on a controversial thread posting spree.
Would post on another forum but kinda want to keep my identity secret...
Before this thread goes south I want to tell anyone that we are NOT discussing the use of racial slurs but on how to cope against them. Anyone who goes offtopic will be warned.
Racial slurs are no doubt hurtful- as are other slurs against ethnicity, religion, creed or locale. I am a Southerner born and raised in the US and therefore to many people I am 'hick' or 'redneck' or even 'hillbilly'. It used to upset me to hear names like this, but then I realized that there was something unexpected that I could do to relieve some of the problem.

It is quite common for a group of people to begin using a term that was previously derogatory and thus take the power away from those that would use it to harm you. I won't give examples of other racial slurs, but I can say that I have adopted the term Redneck and since people that would seek to use it against me have found that the power of the slur is gone.

I'm not suggesting that my strategy work for the OP, but just telling my story. They can only hurt you if you let them. Chin up! Smile
(2012-09-10, 07:45 PM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]Racial slurs are no doubt hurtful- as are other slurs against ethnicity, religion, creed or locale. I am a Southerner born and raised in the US and therefore to many people I am 'hick' or 'redneck' or even 'hillbilly'. It used to upset me to hear names like this, but then I realized that there was something unexpected that I could do to relieve some of the problem.

It is quite common for a group of people to begin using a term that was previously derogatory and thus take the power away from those that would use it to harm you. I won't give examples of other racial slurs, but I can say that I have adopted the term Redneck and since people that would seek to use it against me have found that the power of the slur is gone.

I'm not suggesting that my strategy work for the OP, but just telling my story. They can only hurt you if you let them. Chin up! Smile

Hick, redneck, etc. is associated with whites, it doesn't even bother you like it bothers I, an Asian guy that gets called chink.
Don't let it get to you. Brush them off and walk with confidence also if that doesn't work tell a teacher or kick their *ss.
If someone was racist to me I just laugh at them and walk away.
(2012-09-10, 07:48 PM)Trickshot Wrote: [ -> ]Hick, redneck, etc. is associated with whites, it doesn't even bother you like it bothers I, an Asian guy that gets called chink.

So one racial/ethnic slur is worse than another? :s I think that you are trivializing my persecution and if you were a Southerner living in the Northern United States then you would understand.

I'm frankly amazed at how you can discount my experiences when I am am being sympathetic to your situation. Perhaps instead of dismissing other's experience you should show a little empathy for others . . . just saying.
On a more serious note, it's probably best to converse with one of the guys/girls one on one and ask them what their real problem is. I doubt they just see you're Asian and start coming out with random racial slurs, if that is the case then it's best to speak to authority.

Otherwise, find a group of friends that don't treat you like that and stick with them.
Pages: 1 2 3