MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Lest we forget.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Swallow the story, hook and singer,
Is that what we meant, when we said we'd never forget?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jRPmzQzoYs

To all those who have lost their life,
To all those who have lost their lovers,
To all those who have lost their fathers,
To all those who have lost their mothers,
To all those who have lost their daughters,
To all those who have lost their sons,

We can never understand the daily pain you go through. We can never understand how an act of violence so great could be done to so many innocent.

We can never understand how you move on each day. You own iron will, and the strength of the fallen lie with you.

When you may feel weary, lean on us, for we will share our strength.
I assume this in reference to 9/11.
(2012-09-11, 02:57 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]I assume this in reference to 9/11.

I assume not.

"Lest we forget" is a remembrance day thing.
I believe it is 9/11, I found the pastebin.

http://pastebin.com/yTBy0E0z
Lest We Forget is a phrase in the poem "Recessional," by Rudyard Kipling. The phrase later passed into common usage after World War I across the British Commonwealth especially, becoming linked with Remembrance Day observations; it came to be a plea not to forget past sacrifices, and was often found as the only wording on war memorials, or used as an epitaph.

It may also refer to: The "Ode of Remembrance" which is an ode taken from Laurence Binyon's poem "For the Fallen", which was first published in The Times in September 1914. The poem honoured the World War I British war dead of that time and in particular the British Expeditionary Force.

And as @bcousins said it's used now for Remembrance Day 11 November (also known as Poppy Day or Armistice Day) it is a memorial day observed in Commonwealth countries since the end of World War I to remember the members of their armed forces who have died in the line of duty.
Still we shouldn't forget those who lost their lives on 9/11 either!
This explain the news I saw at the police station this afternoon.
(2012-09-11, 10:41 PM)MadComp Wrote: [ -> ]Still we shouldn't forget those who lost their lives on 9/11 either!

But using "Lest we forget" is going a fraction too far... I mean, The people involved in 9/11 did not die in a war...
(2012-09-12, 12:23 AM)bcousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-11, 10:41 PM)MadComp Wrote: [ -> ]Still we shouldn't forget those who lost their lives on 9/11 either!

But using "Lest we forget" is going a fraction too far... I mean, The people involved in 9/11 did not die in a war...

Oh, man...
(2012-09-12, 12:23 AM)bcousins Wrote: [ -> ]

They didn't volunteer their lives to die. They got killed by a merciless attack...
Pages: 1 2 3