MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: powered by error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hey can mybb do this...

if someone delete this code in footer, it will be show an error that say
{$lang->powered_by}

"you cannot delete powered by in footer template"

that will be nice if you help meBig Grin
You will get no support when you remove the copyright.
no,,i dont want to remove it...
i just want to make it error when the {$lang->powered_by} is removed...so all admin or founder forum / community can't remove it (powered by)
Deep in the code they will be able to get rid of the error if hey were desperate that is.
i make this in index.php

if ($lang->powered_by) {
	  $powered_by = ' <a href=\"http://www.mybb.com\">{$lang->powered_by} MyBB Group</a>';
      }
      else {
        echo 'You cannot delete powered_by from footer template.';
      }

but this not working
(2012-09-11, 04:12 PM)bekti Wrote: [ -> ]but this not working

Your heart is in the right place, but you forget that if you can add that code (or any other code) then any other admin can remove it.

If you are suggesting that MyBB somehow include that functionality and that might not be a terrible idea because a lot of people don't want to make core edits. The thing is, people that want to remove the 'powered by' information are generally willing to stoop to any level to do it.
The thing is, MyBB is open source software. They have every right to remove the notice if they want to; it's not illegal. Users can modify MyBB in any way they want, redistribute it, etc. We just appreciate the link back, and it's really our only price for support.
The Hard working guys who give u such a nice software for free deserve atleast one linkback...
If you are annoyed of each page Powered by Notice, then i'll suggest you to add additional Note like In Our Partner section or anything like that, notifying your user that "Mybb is a free and opensource Script. They can use aswell."
And i think MyBB team will also support you Smile Smile
no one help?
You Can Just Change It From Templates -----> Footer
Pages: 1 2