MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SEO after multiple thread delete is lost ???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
example i had open 2 new thread with same name

one will be name mysite.com/thread-mybb and one other mysite.com/thread-mybb--234

234 is nomber of thread open in my thread

if i delete mysite.com/thread-mybb--234 and i open a new browser and open it..the link is not direct to mysite.com/thread-mybb

it will get error 404 Not Found

how to direct it ????
when u deleted the topic, i wonder how it can appear..? please be more specific to your problem.
(2012-09-11, 05:23 PM)MyBB King Wrote: [ -> ]when u deleted the topic, i wonder how it can appear..? please be more specific to your problem.

i just delete the thread...because i used RSS feed plugin...so any thread double i will delete...but lately Google had crawl the double....when user came from google cannot view the thread...

So sad Confused
you need to configure your 404 settings in the SEO Plugin, are you using Google SEO Plugin. If any other then Please specify.
(2012-09-11, 05:29 PM)MyBB King Wrote: [ -> ]you need to configure your 404 settings in the SEO Plugin, are you using Google SEO Plugin. If any other then Please specify.

yes

how ???

which one to adjust ???
1. Open your .htaccess file and add this at bottom:
# Google SEO 404:
ErrorDocument 404 /misc.php?google_seo_error=404

2. Go to plugins> Google SEO> Click enable 404 and Then on New Setting Page, Toggle first option from OFF to ON!

You are done Wink

Screenshot:
[Image: 707227fixed.png]
i think your tutorial above is the 1st step when i setup 1st

i had do it

Now the problem that been happen so i open these thread ??????
...not sure if I understand correctly from your description, but if you have Thread-XY-123 and then delete the thread, and then try to open the URL of the deleted thread, you get a 404 error because you deleted the thread naturally...
(2012-09-11, 07:29 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]...not sure if I understand correctly from your description, but if you have Thread-XY-123 and then delete the thread, and then try to open the URL of the deleted thread, you get a 404 error because you deleted the thread naturally...

yes correct Big Grin