MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: You're never safe with cloudflare
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
The point is, I'm tired of skids saying "i'm un stoppable I have cloudflare" because you are not.
(2012-09-12, 12:41 AM)Beyond the Lines Wrote: [ -> ]Really Jesse? It does if you pay the stupid fee. It cannot however block some Layer-7 attacks. Still making your websites able to be attacked.

Lets be honest Jesse Labrocca, you can't migrate attacks at all so you have to get something/someone to do it for you.

It's "mitigate" not migrate. And whatever...don't really care what you think of what I can or can't do. I keep my site online and been doing so for over 5 years. The proof is in the pudding.

You're being a troll. Hope staff locks this up and closes your account here. I'd be willing to bet you're not only a ban evader but someone that attacks MyBB forum sites on a regular basis. How else can you make such claims without at least having some first hand experience attacking sites with CF.

My first hand experience is mitigating attacks and keeping my site online.
Well As I See That Cloudflare Can Protect Your Site From DDOS

If You Dont know How To Configure Your Settings Then Thats Your Problem
I don't know why you're pointing, but CF is great if you know how to utilize it.

Of course they don't guarantee you or neither advertise to block level 3 or 7 DDOS attacks.

But even in their free service, they provide you so much.

And I know how to get IP, lol, people can enjoy with the server IP.

I use CF to serve various things as CDN such as images, etc and all other resources which are cached and served by CF in a nicer way. Moreover, it gives me a good performance, I hardly use it for security other than that I'm under attack mode at occasional times.

I've been considering to upgrade from free plan as well in near future.

Regarding that direct connect dns, that's CF related, and that is not in my cPanel's DNS records neither CF's DNS panel, though it shows up still which I am finding a solution for quite a long time.
Yes You Can Fix From Dns Settings
(2012-09-12, 12:19 AM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]And how many skids know how to do a level 7? This thread isn't very constructive. the only reason I'm leaving it open is to see if Damon has any input.

Skids = Download a program, enter IP, BOOM they're a hax0rzz.

There's no such thing as DDOS protection. Simple. If you have enough bots to send the right amount of packets, say good by to that servers bandwidth.

You're complaining about using a "FREE" service? Don't use it then. Simple.

/facepalm

(2012-09-12, 06:11 AM)Marks-Mans Wrote: [ -> ]Yes You Can Fix From Dns Settings

[Image: 2519700616_69a985714d.jpg]
(2012-09-12, 09:30 AM)Kickerbat Wrote: [ -> ]There's no such thing as DDOS protection. Simple. If you have enough bots to send the right amount of packets, say good by to that servers bandwidth.

Somewhat true,
Good infrastructure can help prevent most (if not all) DDoS attacks as even DDoS attack tools have their limitations.
(99.9% will be 10GBs or less, and from personal experience I can say that these are absolutely preventable)

Reverse proxy DDoS mitigation systems can deal with DDoS attacks by absorbing the "extra" traffic but, as you've correctly pointed out, these are not "free" services.
There was a point to be made, you all didn't get it.
(2012-09-12, 12:43 PM)Beyond the Lines Wrote: [ -> ]There was a point to be made, you all didn't get it.

I think I know what you are getting at.
But please note that you are talking about a free service, used mainly for acceleration (not security).
Layer 7 DDoS mitigation requires strong signature and/or behavior identification mechanisms and a strong infrastructure.

I feel that you had too high hopes here, hence the eventual disappointment.... Undecided
No, its called skids saying "you can't attack me" blablabla <snip>. When really, you can be attacked. As for you Jesse, if you believe it helps you, then you just proved your a skid.

(2012-09-12, 05:43 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know why you're pointing, but CF is great if you know how to utilize it.

Of course they don't guarantee you or neither advertise to block level 3 or 7 DDOS attacks.

But even in their free service, they provide you so much.

And I know how to get IP, lol, people can enjoy with the server IP.

I use CF to serve various things as CDN such as images, etc and all other resources which are cached and served by CF in a nicer way. Moreover, it gives me a good performance, I hardly use it for security other than that I'm under attack mode at occasional times.

I've been considering to upgrade from free plan as well in near future.

Regarding that direct connect dns, that's CF related, and that is not in my cPanel's DNS records neither CF's DNS panel, though it shows up still which I am finding a solution for quite a long time.

Clearly you don't know how to use it.
Pages: 1 2 3