MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Leaderboard Heroes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey everybody!

This is my gaming forum Smile It's a tough niche so i'm going to have a time getting it off the ground. Been working on theme and forum functionality for a couple months, and i have a lot of fake members Undecided Hopefully some of you will like what you see, and if you don't, please let me know why, thanks Smile

Link
You have a major typo on your site. IN YOUR BANNER.
(2012-09-12, 12:34 PM)cappazushi Wrote: [ -> ]You have a major typo on your site. IN YOUR BANNER.

So i may have missed one or two things in the theme. I'll fix it.

EDIT: Fixed
(2012-09-12, 12:58 PM)Scois0n Wrote: [ -> ]So i may have missed one or two things in the theme. I'll fix it.

Are you serious? You misspelled your own name, and you act like I'm the jerk for nitpicking?
(2012-09-13, 11:34 AM)cappazushi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-12, 12:58 PM)Scois0n Wrote: [ -> ]So i may have missed one or two things in the theme. I'll fix it.

Are you serious? You misspelled your own name, and you act like I'm the jerk for nitpicking?

Huh I posted here to get feedback. You gave me feedback. I fixed the problem. I wasn't offensive about it in any way. If you took it as offensive then I'm sorry you feel that way.

I think you misunderstood the OP's words.
(2012-09-13, 02:55 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]

His banner said "HEROERS" and he brushed it off like some broken alignment on an obscure browser or something, without so much as a "Thanks for pointing that out!"

I guess I was mistaken to think that was less than trivial.
I think you're too pissed off because of something else because if it's because of the user's post...it doesn't make much sense. The user could have said thank you yes. Look at how many users say thank you to the MyBB team - if we were to act like you, I can't imagine what this forum would be like right now. You won't get a thank you every time you help someone unfortunately but you need to get over that, otherwise you'll be upset a lot of times.
(2012-09-13, 03:55 PM)cappazushi Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-09-13, 02:55 PM)Pirata Nervo Wrote: [ -> ]

His banner said "HEROERS" and he brushed it off like some broken alignment on an obscure browser or something, without so much as a "Thanks for pointing that out!"

I guess I was mistaken to think that was less than trivial.

Again: I'm sorry you found my words offensive. Whether it be of my words or lack there of.

Thank you for pointing out the misspelling in my banner, I've fixed the problem. Must have hit the r and e at the same time.
Scois0n, dw everybody makes mistakes. I've made some stupid ones. I actually think the theme is pretty cool.

For your forums, I say make a section for Console Gaming, PC Gaming, and Other (android, iOS, etc.) and do not use subforums. It makes it look cluttered, and you want to generalize your forums. Also, post more in your sections so it looks more active.

And finally, what sets your gaming website apart from all of the other ones? You need unique discussions, and definitely features. So think about that and try and add some stuff, but don't bloat the website. That is horrible.
Pages: 1 2