MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Editing Mybb File System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

i have just started work on a forum that i will be launching very soon, Now what i want todo is edit a few files to make the site look more uniuqe.

So how do i edit these files and where are they located?

When it says You have entered an invalid username/password or email/password combination.

I want to change the wording for this but dont know what file to locate it?

Thanks,

Spudster
To edit the site's look, you'll probably mainly want to edit the templates. To start with though you can just edit the CSS in the theme's options to change simpler things like colours, fonts etc. Both of these are under the "Templates & Style" heading in the Admin CP.

(2012-09-12, 07:30 AM)Spudster Wrote: [ -> ]When it says You have entered an invalid username/password or email/password combination.

I want to change the wording for this but dont know what file to locate it?

In the Admin CP... Configuration -> Languages -> Options - "Edit with English (American)", scroll down to "messages.lang.php" and click on edit. Look for "error_invalidpworusername" and you can edit that message there.
Thanks for your help this has solved my issue, I was looking at the PHP files Smile

One more issue, How do i change the login form like where it says username/email on the login page what file would that be in?
What yoshiolly said is correct, I went into my provider website and changed my password (e.g)
cpanel.lazbit.com ->Account Management(Heading) -> 'Change Password' then you go into a ftp client and change your 'setting.php' file accordingly, Or else it will not work when you log into cpanel. I use FileZilla but you may chose differently, when you scroll down, if you have upgraded to 1.6.8 make sure you put your cookie domain to '/'[b] Now, when you keep scrolling down you will see the file and in quotation marks change password to [b]'*****'
*= your password.
e.g. If I changed my password to monstercat(not very good choice) I would go into file and change in quotation marks from gifting -> monstercat. Very simple. The Directory is Your first Folder -> Inc -> Setting.php

Check 'Settings.php'
You can do the change with php files instead of the acp ./inc/languages/LANGUAGE/ONE_OF_THE_FILES.lang.php in your username/password combination it would be member.lang.php