MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrading MyBB from 1.6.4 to 1.6.8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am still running version 1.6.4 and would like to upgrade to 1.6.8 without loosing any data. Please share if there is any particular thread open for this support else suggest me here.

http://www.mcxcommoditytrading.com/forum/
Thanks Nathan- I am reading the doc now.
What I doubt is if I need to take a backup of all plugins also(forum/inc folder) or database backup is just fine.

Quote:upload the contents of the 'Upload' directory to the directory in which you have a previous version of MyBB installed, with the exception of uploading of the following file:
./inc/settings.php
I will not be copying settings.php file but rest all replacing the existing files.
Please share if I have understood it right?

also how can i unlock the installer? I remember creating a file in root earlier but forgot.. My bad Sad

Error
The installer is currently locked, please remove 'lock' from the install directory to continue
db back up is fine. But if you want to make a files backup would be a good idea if you made any core file edits.

go to filezilla or whatever ftp client you use and delete the ./install/lock file
but if you are uploading new files to update MyBB there should not be a lock file
To unlock the installer, navigate to ./install and delete the file named 'lock'
(2012-09-12, 06:49 PM)Vernier Wrote: [ -> ]To unlock the installer, navigate to ./install and delete the file named 'lock'

thanks, I figured it out. Wink