MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Task and cronjob
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, first sorry for my bad english...
I have a problem with tasks in Mybb: if I ban a prerson for 1 day he stay banned forever. To unbann him I have to run its task manually...
No task starts automatically.

Have I to setup a cronjob to run tasks automatically?

Thank you Big Grin

Mybb version: 1.6.8
Do you have {$task_image} in your footer template? Also, the task system will only run when someone visits the forum so if you have very little traffic to your forum it simply won't run.
thanks for the response!

1) In my footer I have this, so I think it's ok, maybe:

Quote: <div id="debug"><debugstuff></div>
<!-- The following piece of code allows MyBB to run scheduled tasks. DO NOT REMOVE -->{$task_image}<!-- End task image code -->
{$auto_dst_detection}

2) I have always a few guests: 16/18 most of the day.
Any news? Please Sad
Up...
A cronjob is always more reliable then MyBB tasks. So if you have some php file with some code that needs to run from time to time. Simply use a cronjob.
(2012-09-18, 04:15 PM)anori Wrote: [ -> ]A cronjob is always more reliable then MyBB tasks. So if you have some php file with some code that needs to run from time to time. Simply use a cronjob.

Thank you!
And do you know how to make a cronjob? I have no idea Sad
Really depends a bit on the host. Most host do have instructions though how to set it up properly.

But this:
http://www.thesitewizard.com/general/set-cron-job.shtml

Is a good guide, but like i said some host do it differently some simply let you put in which file and when. Instead of having to write it completely yourself.