MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Adding a New Postbit Option?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Basically, I am trying to get the bolded:

Warning Level: 0%
Trader Rating:

I want to arbitrarily select members to receive either a Not Rated or Trusted rating, but I don't know how I would go about adding this. Currently I have the ezTradingSystem plugin, but it's not accomplishing the goal I am shooting for. My goal is to set it similar to a user group. Is this possible without developing a plugin? I don't know much about PHP to be able to make one myself. Sad
Well you could do this by creating a new custom profile field.

And set the option:
Field Type:
-Select box

Select able Options:
-Trusted
-Not Rated

Editable by user?
To NO (then only you and moderators can edit it)

Hide on profile?
Set this to yes unless you want this to have it on the profile.

Afterwards you can simply go to:

Postbit_author_user > and insert this were you want it:

{$post['fidX']} with x being the id of the custom profile field.
Worked perfectly! Big Grin Not sure why I didn't think of that myself, thanks so much!

Would it be at all possible to color the text in this profile field? Such as:

Trader Rating: Trusted

If not, then it's fine. Works well either way. ^_^
(2012-09-12, 07:18 PM)Beacon Wrote: [ -> ]Worked perfectly! Big Grin Not sure why I didn't think of that myself, thanks so much!

Would it be at all possible to color the text in this profile field? Such as:

Trader Rating: Trusted

If not, then it's fine. Works well either way. ^_^

HTML is not supported by default.. and neither is BBcode. So i dont think that is as easy to do without core file modifications or a plugin like php in templates.
Okay, I figured that much, but wasn't 100%. All's good though. Thanks for the help!
I think that maybe you'd want to give the options of a rating like from 1 to 10, so it takes them to a select page that'll say 1 [] 2[] etc. and u can check ur rating, just a thought.