MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1045 - Access denied database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I moved to another host that was 100 times better and like 3 times cheaper, as they'd an awesome deal ($10 for a year with 100gb space and 2tb traffic a month).
Anyway, I think my forum was working at first when I moved it. But now I realize it's not. Maybe it did use my old database I'd on my previous host still.

So my question is how can I make it all right?`

Error says

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1045 - Access denied for user 'mysitesname'@'195.xx.xx.xxx' (using password: YES)
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server
Ok, this means that you have an invalid password in your settings.php file This would happen if you changed file in your cp and not changed it accordingly

The Directory would be *Your Forum Root Directory*-> 'Settings.php'

Select View/Edit if you are using filezilla, look for the password, it will show your current password registered in brackets, If you changed it, change it accordingly, then go into your server and it should work. (Save the file then send it back into that directory then overwrite the file)

May I have the link to your forums?

I used to have same problem.
Well, Shaymangops is partially right. The problem is due to an incorrect password for the SQL database. You'll need to edit your database config info in inc/config.php
(2012-09-12, 10:00 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]Well, Shaymangops is partially right. The problem is due to an incorrect password for the SQL database. You'll need to edit your database config info in inc/config.php

I did that, and it worked.
However, now like 2 days later, I am going to the forum but I see same error message Confused
And I look in the Config.php to see if it has changed back, but it hasn't!

And the error says about my old host, it says

SQL Error:
1045 - Access denied for user 'mywebsitename'@'myhost.se' (using password: YES)

also my old hosts name. And in config file I have no text of my old host at all.

[edit]
Seems to have problem with the main site as well.. It says
Error establishing a database connection

it's based on wordpress. But it must be right on the password and all I put in
Perhaps your database password is incorrect then? Try changing it on your host's side to ensure you're definitely using the correct one.