MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: World Suicide Prevention Week From 10-15 th September, 2012
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Everyone,

I am not sure if this thread is allowed or not but I am really hoping that the staff would let me keep it open and I would be really appreciative if they did :]

Anyways, I was talking to my friend Alexandra and I discovered about the: World Suicide Prevention Week From 10-15 th September, 2012. So I decided to look more in depth and then I asked my self: Well, okay now that I know what it is, How can I help?

---------------------------------------------------------------

So first of all, let me give you an introduction on what it is:

It is a program which helps the people that wants to commit suicide. Now Why do they commit suicide? They commit suicide because they either have family issues or they are either bullied or they are either tired of their own lives.

Fact: Did you know that:
AAS Wrote:Official statistics show that more than 36,000 Americans kill themselves every year. The true figure is probably higher. The number of non-fatal suicide attempts is considerably greater, often resulting in serious injuries, trauma to families and friends, and economic loss to our society.

Suicide is the 3rd leading cause of death among young people ages 15-24, and is the 10th leading cause of death overall.

Suicide occurs across all ages, economic, social and ethnic boundaries.

Surviving family members not only suffer the trauma of losing a loved one to suicide, but are themselves at potentially higher risk of suicide and emotional problems.

Most suicidal persons give definite warnings of their suicidal thoughts, but those closest to them are either unaware of the significance of these warning or do not know how to respond to them.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Now that we know what it is, how can we help?

Well for starters there are a lot of ways you can help participate. You can participate in the following ways:
  • Tweet facts to each other like how I stated to make your friends realize.
  • You can post a facebook status about it letting your friends know.
  • You can text your friends letting them know.
  • You can send mass mails to your friends letting them know.
  • You can change your signatures in your forums and your emails for the day.
  • You can wear yellow color in real life.
  • You can also write Love on your wrist.

Do anything you want to do as long as you are spreading the awareness.

-----------------------

So at the end, will you help spread the awareness. Its only 24 hours left and you never know, your 1 share could save 1 life out there. Smile